Bismillah-hir-Rahman-nir-Raheem.


My Amazing Umrah,
ma sha Allah!

Alhamdolillah. All praise is for Allah, Who permitted His slave to travel across the earth, Who provided for him who had no means and no power of his own. May He Forgive the mistakes of His slave and reduce the harm of them. And may He be pleased with His slave, and increase the good of his good deeds. Ameen.


The Holy Masjid in Makkah, no place holier! Picture from Hajj 1426 (January, 2006)

Questions: Got pics? Hi-res pics?

bismillah. alhamdolillah, when i made the intention to write this blog, i intended to maximize the use of my smartphone.

so, i left my laptop, my digital camera, and my dv-corder at home. and i used one device -- my t-mobile dash -- to write almost every post and take every pic and vid.

alhamdolillah, it worked pretty well for me. it seriously cut down on luggage weight and volume. and i only had to worry about one piece of equipment (which could fit in my thawb-pocket easily) instead of four (laptop+camera+vid+phone).

but i did not push the limits on my dash for resolution. and the pics in this blog, that's as good as mine get.

alhamdolillah, the person who asked for hi-res pics is putting together a presentation for Hajj participants, so I have passed his request on to people I know who did take higher-quality pics. if you want me to ask them to post their pics, let me know.

one last note: so far NONE of these QUESTION posts have been written on my Dash.

No comments:


Masjid an-Nabi in Madinah, the second holiest masjid! Also from Hajj 1426 (January, 2006)